SUNDERBAN BIJOYNAGAR DISHA
We work towards ensuring a life free from inequality and discrimination .
‘Disha’ founded in 2011, was born out of the need to educate the girl-child, and empower the women of Bali -Gosaba, Sunderbans whose lives were deeply impacted by poverty and the recent calamities of nature.
Come join us
We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.
- Equal rights for men and women
- Prevention of child marriage
- Solving of family disputes, prevention of sexual harassment by counselling
- Removing taboos and superstitions from the villagers’ minds
- Apprising the villagers of their rights and legalities
- Arm these hapless women with the necessary skills to become self-reliant and self-sufficient